New Year's is not just about champagne -- it can be a powerful time to summon energy to manifest your hopes and dreams. Some people write their intentions on paper and throw them into the fire. Others create vision boards. I decided this year to gather artists and friends together to create special "intention cards" for 2019. I gave everyone a wooden oracle card and set out paints, collage materials, markers and pre-printed tags. We put on music and spent the time thinking about our dreams for the new year. I am a firm believer that we become what we imagine - and this was a treat that I plan to turn into an annual tradition.
Supplies to host your own New Year's Intention Painting Party
- Small surfaces for painting (wood boards or watercolor paper work well!)
- Acrylic & watercolor paint
- Collage materials (buy a few 6x6 scrapbook paper books at Michael's!)
- Paint Pens or Gel Pens (I love the Moonlight Gelly Roll Pens)
- optional: coffee, tea, wine and goodies for your friends!!