Create Your Own Oracle Deck Online Class & Kit
Learn how to create artwork for an oracle deck that embodies deeply meaningful archetypes. Build your deck easily with my kit of 25 tarot-sized wood supports while you explore mixed media, color psychology, symbolism and synchronicity. At the end of the course, we cover 'practical magic,' steps like scanning your work, packaging it and getting it printed.
"Cathy's class was everything I hoped for and more. Not only was I able to create a 52 card oracle deck under her guidance and wisdom, but it was an absolute joy to do so. Cathy lights up the room with her joy and positivity. She is a cheerleader for each and every one of her students and makes learning all the ins and outs of creating a deck life changing. Seriously." -- Tera Balog, Phd Energy Healer and Intuitive Artist
• REGISTRATION in online course taught by me! With over 25 hour of programming.
• Deck Journal with Oracle Chosen Just for You (and I'll show you how to embellish it)
• Access to all videos and course materials, including digital downloads with pre-formatted theme tags for your cards, a color wheel, mini color psychology poster and more!
*Surprise live zoom calls hosted by me throughout the year on topics like marketing your deck, tarot archetypes and more!
Our gathering of creative energy will be a safe space for artists of all abilities - there is a wonderful ongoing closed Facebook Group for all members of the class and a curated Instagram account dedicated to sharing our endeavors . You will create an original deck based on your own level of experience and infused with your artistic voice.
I will be very active in the class and available for group discussions and sharing.
How the class works:
When you register for class, you will have immediate access to all the course materials.
- Creating and collecting papers and collage materials (I'll share my mono-printing technique, sources for ephemera and tips on how to organize for efficiency.)
- Conquering the blank canvas
- Loosening up with chance
- Using color for expression, balance and composition in your deck
- Using story and symbol
- Creating animal and people cards
- Inviting synchronicity
- How to do simple oracle readings for yourself and others
- Packaging, publishing and selling your deck
- Throughout the course, you will be finding and honing your voice as a storyteller and illustrator through working on this amazing small series of paintings!
I have created 2 oracle decks: the Story Cards Deck and the Synchronicity Deck and a Flower Medicine deck. I also have a master's degree in English Literature (where I learned about storytelling in art as well as symbolism across cultures) and am the author of the book, Storytelling Art Studio. As a painter and reader of oracle (and Tarot) cards for nearly two decades, I look forward to sharing all I know with you so that you, too, can bring your unique oracle deck to fruition!